PDA

View Full Version : Test Automation Tool for Demoshield

witchcrop
09-04-2004, 06:50 AM
We have used Demoshield to create front end for Installers. We have a large suite of products and the User Interface various between most of the products.

We need to use an automation tool to automate the testing of the front end User Interface (CD Browser) created using Demoshield.

We tried most of the standard automation tools SilkTest, Winrunner, QA Wizard etc to record the objects, but NONE of the test tools are able to recognize any of the links, images etc within the CD BRowser.

Does anyone know of any other tool or method by which this can be done ?

M3_DeL
09-08-2004, 02:52 PM
Tools -> Automation Wizard

I know its obvious but you never know..... have you tried this?

witchcrop
09-09-2004, 07:25 AM
I have already tried this out. It does not help as the automation can be used to invoke another application.

I need to test Demos created with Demoshield itself.

M3_DeL
09-09-2004, 10:12 AM
Like I said it seemed obvious and I was sure you already knew about it.....

For what you want to do I have no clue. Just thought I would throw out some help, as there really isn't a lot of people around here to help :P

I just want to understand what it is you are looking to do. You want to have the computer automatically check your demo and make sure all the links work? Will it know if all the links are pointing to the right thing? Or does it just make sure they are pointing to something. Or am I way off base here??? I am interested to learn more about what you are doing here. Thanks, and sorry i can not be of more help.