PDA

View Full Version : Network uninstalls

AnneJo
12-04-2001, 05:12 AM
I may be a complete dumbo but I cannot get a network installation of a product to automatically uninstall. Installshield complains that the msi is not the correct one for the installation which it is.Using windows cleanup utility removes the program from the control panel add/remove program group but does not remove the file off the network drive.

I am using Installshield 3.51

The installation is very easy as it all installs into one directory.
Surely there is a work around for this?
:confused:

Chandima
12-04-2001, 12:11 PM
Do you mean you are installing TO a network location or installing FROM one?

AnneJo
12-05-2001, 03:40 AM
I am nstalling from a single point installation to a network drive i.e. a different part of the network. Eventually we want to ship the installation on a CD which gives the user the choice of an installation to the C:\ drive or to a network installation. Uninstalls work ok from the C:\ drive but don't remove the data from a network drive.It complains that the MSI file is not valid when it is the correct one. Windows uninstall cleanup utility just removes references from the control panel/add/remove programs but leaves the data on the network drive. Is there a solution to this?
:confused:

Chandima
12-05-2001, 12:52 PM
During the install, do you specify the network as a UNC path or a mapped network drive?

AnneJo
12-06-2001, 03:30 AM
I specify a mapped network drive on the windows interface that comes up when asked if you want to change the install directory. yesterday it appeared to run but still did not remove any files from the t:\ drive where the program was installed.

I believe I have tried UNC naming when trying to select the msi file for an uninstall when it complained about the file not being the correct one and that didn't make any difference.