PDA

View Full Version : Crystal: FOR YOUR INFORMATION

Namshub
12-03-2001, 06:47 AM
As a relative newbiew using this product I have come across a small problem.

I have used both the static and the project scanned to retrieve all the dependencies.

I used the merge module of sql 6.x (although using 2000)

I was still getting errors. I have subsquently found that a dependant file is not being identified.

the two files for the native driver are:
P2SSQL.DLL & P2LSQL.DLL

Using Walker (to identify dependent files, the following file is required: ntwdblib.dll)

Hope this is of some help to some one.

Chandima
12-03-2001, 04:54 PM
The dep file for Crystal Reports is very big and sometimes makes unnecessary references. That is why we provide the Crystal Reports Merge Modules along with the wizard so that you can pick and choose the components you know your application uses.

However I really appreciate you sharing this information on this Community :)

Namshub
12-04-2001, 03:55 AM
The merge module also missed this out....

I had to use depWalker to find the dependency manually.

Although I did not do a dynamic scan.

Chandima
12-04-2001, 10:05 AM
Hmmm.. OK, I'll take a look at this. Thanks!

Chandima
12-04-2001, 10:07 AM
In the Crystal Reports Wizard, what are the Modules you selected?
Also did you use the 8.0 Wizard or 8.5 wizard? Thanks.

Jim Kang
12-04-2001, 10:06 PM
If you checked off "Direct Access - Microsoft SQL Server 6.x" in either the Crystal Reports 8 or 8.5 wizard, the merge module containing the files P2SSQL.DLL and P2LSQL.DLL were added to your project.

ntwdblib.dll is not a file required to support Crystal Reports at all. Rather, it's an SQL Server dependency, so it's not a surprise that the Crystal Reports modules don't include this file.

However, if the dynamic scanner misses it, and your application uses this file, that's a problem - let us know if this happens.