PDA

View Full Version : Transparent PNG's

M3_DeL
08-26-2004, 11:42 AM
When I create a transparent .png through photoshop and import the image into DS, the image displays in the project as having a grey background. I then select transparent and make grey the transparent color, yet that changes nothing. Any suggestions?

JoannaG
08-26-2004, 04:17 PM
Hello,

To make a color transparent within DemoShield you will need to select the exact RGB value, via the Background Color selector, for the color you wish to become transparent. You can determine the exact RGB value by mousing over the color and checking the RGB value in the status bar at the bottom of the Designer window.

If this does not resolve the issue, it would be helpful if you could attach a copy of the image file so I can research this further.

All the best.

M3_DeL
08-27-2004, 02:34 PM
Here is the image.

I created it in Photoshop with a transparent background. No matter where I opened it, it would maintain its transparency. When I open it up in DS, however, it decided to create a grey background. Not only was it grey but the background was dark grey with a darker grey polka dot grid. This makes it impossible to make the background transparent as it is not one solid color. Can DS not open a transparent image naitively?

JoannaG
08-30-2004, 02:27 PM
Thank you for attaching the file.

It appears as though you image is not displaying correctly in Internet Explorer as well. Unfortunately at this time I am unable to determine the cause of this behavior. As an immediate work around, I suggest disabling transparency in the image in your PhotoShop and instead and use the transparency property in DS7.5 to achieve the transparency.