PDA

View Full Version : BDE-PRO Merge Model

jhoward1801
11-30-2001, 06:39 PM
I have Delphi 5 Pro version and I am trying to use the BDE-PRO merge module that came with Install Shield Express version 3.51. When I go through the wizard it only gives me 2 options. Select a new .ini config file or create a new one. The BDE administrator only allows me to create .cfg files not .ini files.

The default BDE config file is IDAPI.CFG

If I try to create a new .ini config file and launch the configuration utility I do not see the Standard Paradox driver?

What is the purpose of the .ini config file and how do I get the BDE to be included with my setup files?

Thanks,
Jeff

Chandima
12-01-2001, 10:21 AM
I am not too familiar with how BDE works but I'll tell you what I know. All our BDE Wizard does is ask whether you want to create or edit an ini file. Once you hit the "Launch" button the the BDE Config utility is launched. Whatever you set within that wizard is saved once you are done. At build time, we copy all that information in to the a file called bdemerge.ini and place it in the Release Location. If this is done then at runtime, the BDE Merge Module (more like the Custom Actions in it) will install the engine and create the drivers and Aliases it sees in BDE Merge.ini.

Let me know if this answers your question. If not you coul also try posting this in the "installshield Express - Delphi" Web board (The link to this can be found at the top of this web forum). A lot of Delphi users post messages there and might be able to provide more help.