PDA

View Full Version : Database Dialog

Spoteat
08-24-2004, 01:05 PM
Hello All,
I'm new to the whole InstallSheild program/subject. I have been playing around in Installshield 5.x for a while trying to accomplish certian things, and found that the program was limited on the things I wanted to accomplished. So I decided to upgrade. Before upgrading to Installsheild X Express Edition, I researched the ablility to create Web Sites and SQL Server Databases during installation. I saw a demo that displayed a dialog box that would ask the end-user for the database information, i.e. Server name, User name, password, etc. That got my attention and hence I bought the product.

I'm at the point that I want to create a SQL Server Database on installation and I cannot find the dialog box I saw in the demo. Can someone tell me where would I find the dialog box to created databases? Does anybody have sample custom dialog boxes to created a SQL Server Database. Also, how can I create multiple websites? Installsheild will let me create one but is disable thereafter.

Thanks.

Mike Marino
08-24-2004, 09:03 PM
This dialog is not in Express. It is in the InstallShield X Professional product. Express has a Database Folder dialog, but I am pretty sure this is not what you are looking for.

Spoteat
08-24-2004, 10:11 PM
Thank Mike for the reply. Are there any scripts out there that I can use to create the database since I just bought Express and cannot return it?

bobcorrigan
08-25-2004, 09:37 AM
If you just bought the product, we have a 30-day money back guarantee. Just call one of our product sales consultants, explain your situation, and they'll take care of it.

Alternatively...

Customers who want to “cross grade” from one edition to another within the same release of a product (e.g. InstallShield X Express Edition to InstallShield X Professional Edition), can take advantage of pricing that is essentially the difference between the pricing for the two editions.

No reason you can't have the product you want.

Hope that helps,

bob corrigan
product manager, installshield