PDA

View Full Version : * Global Event ?

~Nasko
08-19-2004, 10:29 AM
Dear all,

I would like to create a group of buttons for playing and stopping a music file. Each group has: 1 QButton, 1 Graphics, and 1 HotSpot.
In my demo i have 10 scenes and each should have the couple "On/Off Sound" (which involves two groups like the one above.)

It works like this: When i click Sound Off QButton, this disables the whole Sound Off group and shows the Sound On group.

My problem:
When i switch off the sound from one scene (with Sound Off group), and move to another scene, the button group for the Sound Off is still availble (of course). This brings inconsistency and confusion.

Any ideas how to deal with multiple objects in multiple scenes with one click of a button - something like a global event ?

Thank you in advance !

EthanBedwyr
08-23-2004, 09:06 AM
Once again, a global event is the way to solve your problems. :)

Remember that you can assign more than one action per button. The button that enables or disables your sound groups should also set a global variable. An event set at 0.0 at the start of each scene can test the global variable and set the state of the sound groups accordingly. :)

~Nasko
08-25-2004, 07:55 AM
Thank you, Ethan.

I made it as you adviced. I worked fine.
The problem though, and i think it is a bug in the product, is the fact that the user sees the effect of the Event objects in a fraction of a second.

This ruins the quality of my work.

Therefore, for visual effects, i decided not to use Event objects.

~Nasko

EthanBedwyr
08-25-2004, 09:17 AM
I'm not quite sure I understand the problem you're having. Is it that the users would see something they're not supposed to? Or is it that what you want them to see is not showing for the right amount of time?

I use similar coordinated buttons and events in some of my videos and I've never had a problem with them. If you can explain your problem a bit more, I might be able to offer more advice.

~Nasko
08-25-2004, 09:34 AM
Thank you again for the reply.

I will try to make a small version of what i have and post it to you.
As an alternative, could you, please send me an example of your work with events (concerning my problem) ?

Thank you in advance.
I need a fast solution, therefore i will send you my sample a bit later - i am runnig our of time :o[

Have a good day!
~Nasko