PDA

View Full Version : Shortcuts/Folders

keeper00
11-28-2001, 05:04 PM
I am using the Typical Setup option, which will install a few of the features in my application. The problem is that the whole structure under the Shortcuts/Folders option is created on the clients desktop. These options will not work, because the required files are not installed. Is there a way of not presenting the Shortcuts/Folders options when the feature is not installed?

Chandima
11-29-2001, 01:45 PM
I'm afraid this is quite possible. It's only the shortcut that is associated with the Feature. Not the folder it's in. Maybe it's an OS specific issue because I couldn't reproduce it on an NT machine. What version of Express are you using and what is the target Operating System?

keeper00
11-29-2001, 02:09 PM
I am using Express version 3.03 and installing on Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000. Let me clarify a little from my last post, the whole Shortcuts/Folders structure is being created in the Start menu of the client, regardless of whether the feature is installed or not. Is there a way not to have a feature show up in the list if it is not installed?

Thanks.

Chandima
11-30-2001, 10:37 AM
I'm not quite sure I follow? Do you mean for the features not to show up in the Cutom Setup Dialog? If so, in the Features View you will have to set the "Visible" property to "Not Visible".