PDA

View Full Version : DS 7.53 - Demox and Key Press

Bob Golightly
08-14-2004, 09:09 AM
In my demo I have a hospot with a Key Press action that reacts to the keyboard Ctrl key.

In the Designer and the player, this functions as expected. However, when I distribute to Demox and run the demo in IE6 the keyboard Ctrl Key Press action is ignored by the Demox.

Any suggestions??

Bob

Chandy Navarata
08-16-2004, 10:02 AM
As the demo is playing within the browser window, key events will be passed on to the demo only if it has focus. Losing focus could be something as simple as clicking on the page outside the demo area which is very likely in a browser.

Regards,

Bob Golightly
08-17-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Chandy Navarata
Losing focus could be something as simple as clicking on the page outside the demo area which is very likely in a browser.

Regards,

Built a sample demo with two options:
Top box. Show a box when left mouse up on box.
Bottom box. Show a box when left mouse up on box and Ctrl key is pressed.

Both work in designer and player. Only option 1 works with demox/IE6

Bob Golightly
08-17-2004, 11:07 AM
I may not have made it clear in my last post on this topic that as I was clicking on the boxes therefore, there must have been focus on the demo area.

However, out of interest, I have just tried a DemoNow version of the same sample demo and the Control key press action functioned as required!!!!

Does the IE6 browser prevent Key Press action where the key pressed is a key that controls an IE6 option/function. The reason I ask this is because I have other Key Press allocations that do work, e.g. right arrow key.

Chandy Navarata
08-17-2004, 03:40 PM
DemoNow will not have any issues with keystrokes as the demo is played in a separate window unlike DemoX which is played within the browser window. And yes, the control key is most likely intercepted by IE and does not make it to the demo even when it has focus.