PDA

View Full Version : Who Can Help Me Build A Simple Installer For Some $$ ?

HTusco
11-26-2001, 10:18 AM
I'm new to building installers and have a fairly simple installation to make. At least I think :)

I have designed a HTML stationery that I want to install on different OS's (95, 98, ME, NT, 2K and XP) with different languages. The files that have to be installed are only one HTML-file and one GIF-file.
They have to be written to a directory where MS-Outlook or MS Outlook Express can find these stationery files. These e-mailclients will normally search for their stationery files in the directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery\...
But someone can choose to install the OS on a different drive letter e.g. E, so the directory to look for will then be E:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery\... I am not quite sure if this is possible but I could perhaps be. So the installer should read the registry and look for this ..\Microsoft Shared\Stationery\.. directory and install the files in there. I also don't know if this name will be the same when someone is running a different language e.g. Norwegian or Turkish. And are there differences between Win 95, 98, ME, NT, 2K and XP. So how can you find out and is there someone who can help me with this?

The second issue is to set the default 'NEW MAIL MESSAGE' to this stationery (HTML-file). In MS-Outlook (Express) you can choose a default stationery to act as your default new e-mail message (TOOLS > OPTIONS > MAIL FORMAT). This can be edited in the registry, searching for the default e-mailclient, but I don't know how to do this. The problem will be to make a universal installer with a diversity of e-mailclients; MS-Outlook 97, 98, 2000 and XP and MS-Outlook Express 4, 5, 6.

Is there anyone who thinks (s)he can help me to build this installer? I'm not rich, but I'm willing to pay for your help.

Sincerely yours,
Marc Deinum