PDA

View Full Version : "Install for all users" option gone missing

johnd2
08-09-2004, 08:08 AM
The "Install this application for" (all users or current user) option has dissapeared from the "Customer Information" dialog in my setup program.

The "Show All Users Option" on the "Customer Information" settings in the "Customise.....Dialog" grid IS set to "yes" but I don't see the radio buttons at run time.

Is there another setting somewhere which affects this?

Thanks all,

john.

Mike Marino
08-12-2004, 08:57 PM
In the Dialogs view, click on the Customer Information dialog node, and make sure the "Show All Users Option" is set to Yes.

johnd2
08-13-2004, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Mike Marino
In the Dialogs view, click on the Customer Information dialog node, and make sure the "Show All Users Option" is set to Yes.

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the response. That option was set to yes which is why I was confused. I actually solved the problem my re-creating the GUIDS (I think there are two of them) associated with the setup project. The option then came back. No idea why. I also raised this with installshield through mysupport and they seemed happy with the workaround that I had used.

Thanks again,

john.

Mike Marino
08-13-2004, 11:45 AM
Which GUIDS did you change? I am just curious so I can look into what might be the root cause of the problem.

johnd2
08-16-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Mike Marino
Which GUIDS did you change? I am just curious so I can look into what might be the root cause of the problem.

Hello Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to look into this - it was pretty annoying when I hit it.

My evaluation is expired and I can't purchase a copy for a couple of weeks - so I havn't got ISX open in front of me. If memory serves there are two GUIDS listed on the first page of the "Installation Designer". I selected each of these and pressed the "Make GUID" button to allocate new values. Then I did a new build and the radio buttons came back.

Sorry I can't be more specific - If required I'll repost in a couple of weeks when I have the full product.

Thanks,

John.

Mike Marino
08-16-2004, 09:32 AM
That's a good enough description.

Thanks.