PDA

View Full Version : Custom Action problem

esacchi
11-20-2001, 11:39 AM
Hello,
I'm using InstallShield 3.51 to package my application and I have the following issue:

I must run an EXE file after it was copied to the user hard disk, that application must run from the directory where it was copied to.
What is happening now, is that the EXE that I wan't to be executed is copied to a temporary directory and executed there.

Using version 2.1 I could do that using express extension on the already selected files to install. Now using custom actions I select the file, but when it's executed it's done in a temp dir, not in the place where it's installed.

If you know how can I solve this problem please let me know

Regards
Emiliano Sacchi

Example:
I must register a COM Server EXE using exefilename.exe -regserver. I want it registered in the location specified in the installation progress, if it's run from other directory the COM server is registered in the wrong place(and it's deleted cause it's temporary).
:confused:

Chandima
11-20-2001, 05:34 PM
This is a limitation of Express 3.51. You can use a Custom Action to workaround this. The good news though is that Express 3.53 has this functionality! You can launch files that are installed with your application as Custom Actions. Express 3.53 will be released very soon. It will be a free upgrade for all 3.5x users.