PDA

View Full Version : Target System Bug When Adding Files

OverKill
11-20-2001, 11:27 AM
My installation I am creating installs one of 2 executable files depending on which operating system program is being installed to. One executable will work on everything but WindowsXP and the other only works on WindowsXP. I removed the exe out of the VB Scanned files and add both executable files. I changed the properties to only install on the certain operating systems, but Install Shield keeps resetting my selection back to All Operating Systems. I did try setting one executable to install only on Windows 95, 98 and ME, and I set the other to NT, 2000 and XP, but Install Shield automatically resetted the second exeuctable to only install on NT and 2000. There seems to be a bug with the Windows XP option that it is not staying on or if it is the only one not selected or only OS selected, it can't pick it up and resets to everything. I am using InstallShield Express 3.51.

Chandima
11-20-2001, 05:20 PM
This is a bug with Express 3.51. Good news is that it has been fixed in Express 3.53 (Free upgrade for 3.5x users). 3.53 will be available very very soon.