PDA

View Full Version : Install location

Prince
08-03-2004, 03:41 AM
I am new to IS Multiplatform and have some issues:

1. I created a path variable with name X and path "C:\Test". How can I set this path as install location. I tried $A(X), $D(X) and all other possiblities but none of them worked.

2. I created a action for backup files. Now, I want to restore backup files during uninstallation. How can I do this?

TIA

CharlesW
08-03-2004, 08:05 AM
Path variables are only intended for build time string resolution. These values are not available at runtime. Under additional tools->property manager, I would recommend that you create a new variable named "X", and set it to a value of "c:\test". You can then use $V(X) to resolve the value which was set.

Assuming that you backup action is a product action, simply override the Uninstall() method for your bean. You can then call FileService.copyDirectory() or FileService.copyFile() to restore the backup files. Otherwise, create a new wizard action, and call the same APIs.

A third alternative would be to add a custom event bean, and call these APIs from your custom event. The bean help for the custom event bean, and the help library should have more information on the subject.