PDA

View Full Version : MSDE SP3 Install and Windows 2003

jefftanner
07-29-2004, 05:17 PM
I have an InstallShield X project that installs and starts MSDE SP3 SQL instance properly on Windows 2K and Windows XP.

However, InstallShield fails to properly install and start the the MSDE SP3 SQL server instance on two different Windows 2003 boxes. The MSDE instance looks like it is installed because it shows up as a service in the service console, however it cannot be manually started.

If I install MSDE using sql2kdesksp3.exe (downloaded from Microsoft) using the same setup.ini used in creating the InstallShield project that would deploy MSDE SP3, then the installation is fine.

Does anybody else also have the same MSDE SP3 install problem with Windows 2003? :confused:

MikeyG1971
08-24-2005, 09:53 AM
I have the same issue... and was a liitle disappointed that I haven't seen more about this in the community... but that is probably because I am missing some detail that I'm too close to to be able to see.

I also have an install that installs MSDE 2000 using the object (v4.01) on XP and 2000 without a hitch...

For some reason, it will not install at all on a Win 2003 Standard Edition Server.

I've seen the posts that suggest downloading the template for the object and modifying it (because 2003 was left out of the OS list to support), but since the downloads section does not seem to include a complete object template for MSDE 2000, I can't do this.

I can also run the install manually, and it appeared to install just fine.

Has anyone else run into this at all?