PDA

View Full Version : Creating Virtual Directory and passing parameter from InstallScript

joshiashit
07-28-2004, 04:29 PM
Hi ,
I am currently reviewing the Demo Version of InstallShield Premier Version.
I am an intern in a firm which wants to develop installation package for a web-based application.

I am basically using InstallScript MSI project.
In our requirements we need to create a Virtual Directory on users computer and that virtual directory can be at any user defined location and can have any user defined name.

I was able to take the location and the name of the virtual directory from user but I am not able to pass these values to the VB Script which I have written and added to a custom Action.
Also I dont know which action should I use to run this VB. I have to create this virtual directory after downloading the files to the users computer(INSTALLDIR) and then after creating the virtual directory i will move those file to the destined physical directory.
which will point to the virtual directory.

I want the user to give name of the virtual directory and also the path for the physical directory.

I tried using Property manager to pass values to VB Script but it doesnt seem to take values. Also the parameters declared in ALL CAPS in property manager are not accessible in the InstallScript.

JoannaG
07-28-2004, 05:08 PM
Hello,

This forum is for DemoShield only and is monitored by the DemoShield technical support engineers. Please post your question to the InstallShield X Windows Installer Projects community to get a response.

Regards,