PDA

View Full Version : Custom Setup

AidanG
11-16-2001, 05:49 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know how you can disable the size estimation for custom setup features i.e. when on the custom setup screen I do not want to be shown how much hard disk space is required for each feature.

I have looked through the help but cannot see anything that allows me to turn this off (or remove the text).

The reason I am wanting to do this is because the estimation is very far off the actual hard disk space (I think because I am installing MSDE through a custom action which means that install shield does not know how much hd space that requires).

I am using installshield express v3.03

Ta in advance.

Chandima
11-16-2001, 09:42 AM
I'm afraid you cannot do this in Express itself. You will have to manually edit the built msi file using a tool like ORCA (comes with the Windows Installer SDK). You will have to edit entries in the Control Table and Control Condition Table (and maybe one or two more) to achieve this.

FYI - InstallShield Developer 7 comes with an extremely powerful Dialog Editor. So you can add, edit, anc create dialogs to your needs. It also gives you the option of using (and editing) the standard msi dialogs, or custom InstallScript driven dialogs.