PDA

View Full Version : Bundling .BAT with piped input commands

thorne
07-28-2004, 01:42 PM
(IS X Universal) I have created an Execute Process wizard bean for a .BAT file. The .BAT file gets its commands piped from another file. Is it possible to bundle both files into the installer and have them execute correctly, or do I have to not bundle and instead distribute the files separately (and hard code the path to them in the wizard bean)? Thanks, Thorne

CharlesW
07-29-2004, 08:29 AM
The exec action bean will only allow you to bundle a single file; therefore, you might be better off installing the files with a files bean, and giving an absolute path to the batch file for the exec action bean.

marasmus
08-15-2004, 12:15 AM
Charles,

I'm running on ISMPX on an Intel SuSE 9.0 machine and installing on Intel SLES 8.

I am trying to do exactly what you advised. Install the script and run it with an Execute Bean.

However I get this error and my script never runs:

Warning: UNIXProcess.forkAndExec native error: Exec format error

I can run the installed script on the target machine and it works. So it's just a matter of getting the Exececute bean to find it and run it. I have given it a hardcoded path.

Active=true
User Interface=progress
Command="/var/tmp/ejz/install.sh"
Args=empty
Bundle Executeable=false
stdout=/opt/ejz/logs/install.log
stderr=/opt/ejz/logs/install.err.log
Wait=true
Description=Installing EJZ

I basically use the script to install the RPM files. Maybe there is a better way to do it...

Newbie to ISMPX,
Mark

CharlesW
08-16-2004, 01:42 PM
Mark, what happens when you try to launch the script using the attached java app?

Use the following command line

java -cp . LaunchApp var/tmp/ejz/install.sh

marasmus
09-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Charles,

This must have been a user error of some sort. Unfortunately I don't remember how I fixed it though...

Thanks,
Mark