PDA

View Full Version : Merge Module can not be installed in parent INSTALLDIR! Very very Urgent!!!!!!!

linefusion
07-28-2004, 05:16 AM
Hi,
I am new installshield user.
I am now using InstallShieldX - Premier Edition. Version Number 10.0.0.

I created a merge module, which should be installed under the parent [INSTALLDIR] directory.

I leave the INSTALLDIR as default value "TARGETDIR" and TARGETDIR as default value "SourceDir" without any change. I think the INSTALLDIR should get the value from parent INSTALLDIR automaticlly at the installation time. But after I run the installation software including this merge module, the files included in the merge module are always copied to the C:\ directory.

To solve this problem, I searched many posts in this forum. I find a workaround about it. In the Redistributables view of the parent InstallShield project, right-click the Merge Module, set the destination of the merge module as [INSTALLDIR]. Then all the files included in the merge module are copied under the parent [INSTALLDIR] directory successfully. But this way causes another problem, the shortcuts I created in the merge module can not point to the right place because the shortcuts still points to the file under the C:\ directory, not the file under parent [INSTALLDIR]. So this workaround can not solve my problem.

Anyone have seen this problem before? Any solution on it?

Thank you very much

RobertDickau
07-28-2004, 09:39 AM
[Follow-up of sorts here (http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136851).]