PDA

View Full Version : Nightly (standalone) builds from command line

gfeldmanmemento
07-27-2004, 11:15 AM
I'm trying to test the VS .Net version, and in particular, to get automated nightly builds to work.

I seem to be confounded by two problems. I can't use IsExpCmdBld because it complains about being unable to resolve dependencies, and says I need to do things from VS.

I can get the devenv command to work from my desktop, with one problem: Even though I'm not bringing up the Visual Studio IDE, I'm still getting a dialog box popping up to remind me that this is an eval version. That's ok for interactive work, but there's no one around at 1am to dismiss the dialog box from our nightly build, so the build hangs.

Can someone tell me whether or not this dialog problem goes away with the production version, i.e. using the devenv command line to build an installshield solution doesn't produce any dialog boxes or other window artifiacts?

Many thanks,

Gary

Mike Marino
07-27-2004, 10:07 PM
The eval dialog only pops up with an eval, we fire of no other modal dialogs in the production version...that I am aware of :)

On a side note, a tool that we use to automate our build machines that is nice for dismissing the message boxes other apps generate is Automate, find more out on this product at:

http://www.networkautomation.com/automate/

gfeldmanmemento
07-28-2004, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, and the pointer.

Gary