PDA

View Full Version : Internal Error 2602...

J_RIley
11-15-2001, 03:38 PM
I'm trying to install a powerbuilder application using SQLAnywhere as the DB.

1/2 way through the install, I get this error:

Internal Error 2602, File, F3208_wod50t.dll

I'm pretty sure that's a dll for SQLAnywhere, but I don't know what the error means.

Does it mean it cannot find the dll, or what?

FYI, I searched this forum from the last 30 days AND checked the Installbuilder help and could find no mention of it.

Thanks
Jay

J_RIley
11-16-2001, 08:14 AM
it must be some duplication error, b/c it turns out I had that dll in the file list twice.

I removed it and now I get a new error:

1919 Error configuring ODBC data source
ODBC error 13 Could not load the setup or translator library. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Any ideas?
Jay

Chandima
11-16-2001, 10:08 AM
I did some research on this Error and it seems to be a Windows Installer error. I confrimed this on the Winodws Installer newsgroups. If you look at the install log, the installer fails because it does not have access to a particular registry key. One reply I got told me that installing to "All Users" (Customer Information dialog) get's rid of this problem. Worth a try.

J_RIley
11-16-2001, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Chandima
I did some research on this Error and it seems to be a Windows Installer error. I confrimed this on the Winodws Installer newsgroups. If you look at the install log, the installer fails because it does not have access to a particular registry key. One reply I got told me that installing to "All Users" (Customer Information dialog) get's rid of this problem. Worth a try.

Which error? the 2602 or the ODBC error?

So I have to alter the windows installer? WHere would I find the install log?

Thanks for your help so far.
Jay

Chandima
11-19-2001, 02:27 PM
The Error I was referring to was the 1919 one.

If you want to create a log of your installation, from the command line browse to the location of your Setup.exe. Then enter

Setup.exe /v"/lv C:\InstallLog.txt"

This will generate the log file. It gives a little more insight as to what exactly the Windows Installer is doing at runtime. In your case thought, just try running your install, and at the "Customer INformation" dialog, select to install for all users of the machine. I was told that doing this get's rid of this error.

J_RIley
11-21-2001, 02:12 PM
I set the show all users option to "no" which the file says by default installs for all users and I still get the same error.

I set it to "yes" and typed in"all users" in the install process and I still get the same error.

By customer information screen, I assume you mean where you're prompted to select user name and organization during the actual install process.

Jay

Chandima
11-26-2001, 10:09 AM
Yes, that's what I meant by "Customer Information" dialog. When you say you "typed in all users in the install process", do you mean that you entered "All users" as the Customer or Organization value in the Customer Information dialog?

Another thing you could try is adding the following line to the Setup.ini file.

ALLUSERS=1

I'm not sure if this will fix the problem but it seemed to work for some.

J_RIley
11-26-2001, 10:34 AM
Yes, I typed in all users for both when it prompts for user and organization.

I will try the other...

J_RIley
11-26-2001, 10:36 AM
Ummm, I'm NOT using an ini file.

Chandima
11-26-2001, 10:47 AM
Sorry. You will get Setup.ini only if you do an uncompressed setup (it's streamed in to Setup.exe when it's compressed).

J_RIley
11-26-2001, 10:51 AM
Does it matter what section I add the ALLUSERS = 1 to?

Also, how do I deploy this monstrosity now? I assume ALL those files need to go.

J_RIley
11-26-2001, 10:54 AM
It prompts me for a UID & PWD for SQL Anywhere. when I type them in, it says it cannot find the db

J_RIley
11-26-2001, 10:58 AM
The DSN was wrong, I fixed it...

Chandima
11-27-2001, 11:27 AM
Did this eventually get rid of the Error 1919? Just curious and want to know if setting ALLUSERS actually works. Thanks!

J_RIley
11-27-2001, 11:30 AM
Haven't tried yet. I discovered that some of my DB registry entries were incomplete or pointing to the wrong DLLs. I am attempting to make changes and re-try this afternoon.