PDA

View Full Version : Program won't start anymore

wowcow
11-15-2001, 11:36 AM
I've been using InstallShield 3.51 for a couple months and today it won't start!? The spalshscreen comes on for a few seconds and that's the end of it.

The only thing I chaged was to click on button to have it open the last accessed application on startup.

Suggestions?

Chandima
11-15-2001, 02:27 PM
I tried this and it seems to work. Is there a file named iside.log where the Express executable is? If so what is the first few lines it shows?

You can try uninstalling Express and reinstalling it if too.

wowcow
11-21-2001, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chandima
[B]I tried this and it seems to work. Is there a file named iside.log where the Express executable is? If so what is the first few lines it shows?

D:\BldRoot\source\src\ISWsUpgradeView\UpgradePathGrid.cpp 175: Unknown exception
D:\BldRoot\source\src\iside\iside.cpp 586: Unspecified error

D:\BldRoot\source\src\iside\iside.cpp 586: Unspecified error

Hopefully that means something to you??

Chandima
11-26-2001, 10:17 AM
This just says that an exception occured while trying to create an upgrade path. It can't be what's keeping the IDE from launching though.

Here is something you can try. Set the value of "Default IS Today" in HKCU\Software\InstallShield\Express\3.5\Project Settings to "0". This will set the IDE so that it launches Express but does NOT load the last project. This MIGHT solve the problem. If not try re-installing Express.

wowcow
11-26-2001, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Chandima
[Here is something you can try. Set the value of "Default IS Today" in HKCU\Software\InstallShield\Express\3.5\Project Settings to "0". This will set the IDE so that it launches Express but does NOT load the last project. This MIGHT solve the problem. If not try re-installing Express. [/B]

That FIXED IT!! Thank you!