PDA

View Full Version : URGENT!! Error 1152 during installation

FidoBoy
11-15-2001, 05:00 AM
I have deployed my installation for Internet download (using WebDeploiment in ISX 3.51) and when the user tries to install the downloaded setup.exe file, he gets the error 1152 (see attached file). The tests where done on a machine with Windows 2000 Proffesional and the installation language is Spanish. How can i solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Chandima
11-15-2001, 02:23 PM
Does this happen on just one users computer? Or is it the case when you try from any machine?

FidoBoy
11-15-2001, 02:56 PM
This happen on any machine... at least in all that i have proved...

Chandima
11-16-2001, 09:29 AM
Have you set the "Copy media to target machine" option? If so, what have you set it for? I am wondering whether the location given here is pointing to the D:\ drive and the machines you are trying the install do NOT have a D:\ Drive.

FidoBoy
11-16-2001, 03:07 PM
Yes, i have this option checked and the value is "[WindowsFolder]\Downloaded Installations". I'm wondering if the trouble may be with the backslash between two folders...

FidoBoy
11-19-2001, 02:20 PM
Chandima can u give me an idea about what is happening with this issue?? I'm going crazy with this and i really need a solution soon:confused:

Thanks in advance, ;D

Chandima
11-19-2001, 03:26 PM
I'm as confused as you are. Is Windows installed on your D:\ drive? IS there such a location on the machine you are running this setup on (D:\Docume~1\...)? See what the value of the environment variable for TMP and TEMP is. This error is coming because the Setup.exe was downloaded but some error occurs when trying to extract the msi to a temporary location to run the install from. What if you try running this Setup as an Administrator?

FidoBoy
11-20-2001, 03:26 AM
I've searched in the InstallShield knowledge base and i found an issue with the error 1152 but it is for InstallShield Developer 7. I'm thinking if this matter is only with Developer version or if it is applicable to Express also... It talks about some issue with the language in the installation, and my installation is in Spanish language....

FidoBoy
11-20-2001, 08:13 AM
I've tested the setup in the same machine and as u asked to me, i'm verified that the OS is installed in D: drive. I hope this could help u...:confused:

FidoBoy
11-20-2001, 03:37 PM
Ok, i've tested also in Windows 98 OS and windows installed in C: drive; the error is the same than before. Some things that could help are:

I´ve upgrade WindowsInstaller engine to 2.0 version. I've also renamed both files and copied them to the installshield subdirectory. I've replaced the setup.exe file with the 'special' version supplied by InstallShield and the installation language is spanish. A very interesting thing is that if i do not install form the WebDeployment Wizard version, the installation process is ok. But if i install from the compressed version (unique setup.exe file) fails...:confused:

Greetings,

Fido

Chandima
11-20-2001, 05:39 PM
The best thing I can suggest right now is to build a normal web setup with the 'normal' setup.exe file. If you want to deply with the Windows Installer 2.0 try and wait till Express 3.53 is released. This will be released extremely soon. Let me know whether the Web Deployment works with the 'normal" setup.exe.