PDA

View Full Version : Setting default temporary directory in Installer

ido_zil
07-26-2004, 10:46 AM
Hi,

I'd like to set the temp dir that the Installer uses, but without explicitly giving the parameter -is:tempdir <dir> .

Is there someplace in the GUI I can set this, so the generated Installer already use it instead of the current working dir ? :confused:

Thanks !

CharlesW
07-28-2004, 08:59 AM
The only way to set the temp directory that the launcher uses is to use -is:tempdir from the command line. If you wish to control the temp directory on unix/linux, you could potentially edit the launcher script to the desired value. This script is located in the folder "<ISX Universal home>/resources/reslib/<platform name>", "where ISX universal home" is the location where ISX universal is installed, and "<platform name>" is the platform that you wish to modify.

The file named "scriptlauncherstub.sh" is the file that you would need to modify.

Search for the line [ -z "$ISTEMP_HOME" ] && ISTEMP_HOME="$HOME"

And change it to the following:

[ -z "$ISTEMP_HOME" ] && ISTEMP_HOME="<new value>"

Where "<new value>"is the desired temp location. Please not that modifying this script is unsupported, but it should allow you control over the temp directory used for each platform without having to use -is:tempdir.

ido_zil
07-28-2004, 09:47 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

I also found out that exporting ISTEMP_HOME=/tmp (for example) prior to running the Installer has the same effect.

This happens because this variable is checked in the installer script and is assigned a default value only if it is empty.

Hope I'm right on this.