PDA

View Full Version : Merge Modules in Installscript project?

RJFRJF
07-21-2004, 12:21 PM
I have a project I imported from Pro 7 that we would like to add Crystal 10 to. However, I can't seem to add any merge modules to the project, even though they show up in the objects view. Are they not supported in installscript projects? I get an error saying it can't insert the object, I may need to re-install it. I'm also having problems with missing objects in MSI projects. Do I have a broken ISX install?

PilotBob
07-22-2004, 01:51 PM
Yea, if you are using a strait install script project you can add them, but they get put into some MSI wrapper. I have been able to add the merge modules, it creates the MSI but it doesn't seem to get installed when we run our install.

BOb

esiemiat
07-22-2004, 05:12 PM
I had the same problem, and it turned out to be the Merge Module Wrapper object. I called support and they told me to reinstall InstallShield X, which fixed the problem.

I also experienced problem 2 where the Crystal 10 Merge Modules weren't installing anything. I had to add a valid Crystal CD key in to the License merge module to fix the problem.

Hope this helps.

RJFRJF
07-22-2004, 05:14 PM
Hopefully there is a manual fix for this, because I've tried a repair and a full uninstall/reinstall of ISX with no luck. We'll see what support comes back with...

PilotBob
07-22-2004, 05:48 PM
Eric,

Thanks... We will try a reinstall... but I'm not hopefull.

Thanks,
BOb