PDA

View Full Version : How can I change the INSTALLDIR by command line parameters in a silent install?

Liu Song
07-19-2004, 02:37 AM
I have finished a standard project now. I can run the setup.exe with the command line '/s' to make it in a silent mode.
My problem is that I want to set the INSTALLDIR in the command line so that the silent install could meet different requirements of different users. That is to say, I hope my Setup could support a command line just like "path<pathname> /s". How can I do it? Or Any other methods?

Another! Can I control whether to reboot after the silent installation?

Thanks!

I hope my poor English didn't make you troubled in understanding what I am talking about.:p

Barbara
07-19-2004, 10:20 AM
To control the reboot behaviour use the REBOOT property (values see MSI documentation).
To pass MSI properties with the setup.exe at the command line use:
/o<property=value>
(see also MSI documentation)

Barbara

Liu Song
07-19-2004, 10:01 PM
Hi, Barbara!

Thanks for your advice! I tried to run setup.exe with a command line "/vINSTALLDIR="..."". And it certainly changed the path to what I set in the command line. But when I run setup.exe with "/vINSTALLDIR="..." /s" or "/s /vINSTALLDIR="..."", it just followed the resposefile and ignored my setting in the command line. Then, what is the correct oder should I write in the command line?

Besides, the switch "/o" seemed can only be used with "/f" in reparing files. Do you mean "/v" exactly?

Thank you !

Chiara
07-26-2004, 01:34 PM
try
/v"/qn INSTALLDIR=\"%s""
and add ur path to %s

Liu Song
07-29-2004, 10:50 PM
OK. I've get through.
I set up another Basic MSI project while the old one is standard . The command line indeed works! But it seemd that my standard project does nothing when I run it with those command lines . In the other hand, the Basic MSI works well.
Is it the fact? Or It's my misdoing?