PDA

View Full Version : My project !

fuyiliu123
11-11-2001, 11:55 PM
Hi,

Currently, I have a project requiring to bundle three programs together to install to a client system. The three programs have its setup.exe programs and require to run one after another. As I don't have .exe application file to copy to a client system, each program will do its own installation and register its program. I have tried to group the three programs together and creat one setup program using InstallShield Express to execute all three programs one by one. I also would like to have a disk space checking and log file created during installation. Do you think I can do it using InstallShield Express/Professsional and how can I do it? Thanks

Joe:) :confused:

Chandima
11-12-2001, 09:49 AM
You can install the three programs by using something like Package For The Web (Free download) or similar software to create a self extracting exe for each program. This way you don't have to worry about folders structures and other files. You can now
1. Create a three Exe Custom Actions that launch these Self Extracting exe'. Add the Custom Actions in the order you want to install and they will be run in that sequence.
2. Put these three self extracting exe files in the "Support Files" view, and then run a VBScript (or Exe or DLL) Custom Action to call the Setups from the Temp Folder in the order you want.

To create an install log, you can use the CommandLine

Setup.exe /v"/lv C:\Log.txt"

NOTE: These suggestions are for InstallShield Express (since it's an Express newgroup)