PDA

View Full Version : Problem launching Visual Basic Script.

Christoph
07-16-2004, 01:37 AM
Hi,

I've following folderstructure:
<bin>
..Demoshield player files
<product>
...<installers>
.....<JMFWebServer>
.......JMFWebServer.vbs

When I click on a certain button within the demoshield player, I want that the vbs script is launched. Within the vbs Script I launch another installer and do some other things. The problem is that I'm not able to launch the vbs script using the "Launch Application"-action. My settings for the "Launch Application"-action are:
- Application Name: <path>...\product\installers\JMFWebserver\JMFWebServer.vbs

- Set current directory: already tried setting to 'Yes' and 'No'
- Application command line: <empty>
- Wait for the application to end: 'Yes'
- Message to display if application not found.

So, nothing happens when I click on the button with these settings for the "launch application"-action.

However, when I create a batchfile within the samefolder as the vbsscript, with inside the batchfile the following lines:
<begin batchfile>
cd product\installers\JMFWebServer
JMFWebServer.vbs
<end batchfile>
+ the "launch application"-action refer to the batchfile instead of to the vbs-script, the vbs script launches correctly.

Probably it has something to do with the currentdirectory but I can't figure it out. Can someone help me because when using a batchfile to launch the vbs script gives that annoying flickering when launched.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

JoannaG
07-20-2004, 08:15 AM
Hi Christoph,

The Launch Application Action is used to launch only executables. You can use the Launch Associated Application Action to launch .vbs files.

For more information on the difference between these two Actions, see Knowledge Base Article Q102083 INFO: Launch Application Action. The InstallShield Knowledge Base is located at http://support.installshield.com.

Finally, based on the directory structure you specified, the path to launch the VB Script should be:
<path>..\product\installers\JMFWebserver\JMFWebServer.vbs<path>

I hope this is helpful.

Christoph
07-22-2004, 02:14 AM
Many thanks.

I'm able to launch the VBScript straight when I use Launch Associated Application.