PDA

View Full Version : Crystal 9 Merge Modules

tgeraty1
07-14-2004, 08:32 PM
I've just added the latest Crystal 9 Merge Modules (from the Crystal website) to a new InstallShield project, and I'm having some problems.

I've added the Registration Wizard, .NET Managed Components, and Report Engine modules, and built the project. I specify no MSI UI in the Merge Module Holder Object properties. When I run the install, it goes through everything just fine, until it gets to the Crystal merge modules, at which point, it brings up about 250 Windows Installer dialogs, one at a time. The dialogs say "Preparing to Install", and then disappears after about 2 seconds, when the next one appears. When all of this finally finishes, everything works just fine. It's just that it takes forever to install because of all the dialogs (and it's a little annoying). I'm sure I'm doing something stupid...

Any ideas?? I'm pulling my hair out.

Thanks,
Todd
:confused:

PilotBob
07-16-2004, 03:56 PM
Gee.. the problem we are having is that (CR10 msms) the .msi doesn't run at all. An .msi is created outside of the disk1 image that is created.

What do you have to do to get the setup to run the .msi in the background automatically?

Thanks,
BOb