PDA

View Full Version : Bug in Project Assistant App Info page

gfeldmanmemento
07-13-2004, 10:16 AM
I'm currently trying out an evaluation version of InstallShield X Express. One of the very first things I did was to go through the Project Assistant, starting with the first page after the home page, the Application Information page.

When I type anything in any of the fields here, it overlays the text visually. I don't mean the distinction between insert/overwrite mode, but rather that it displays the new character on top of the old character, making the result unreadable. Or, if I try deleting a character, the cursor moves but the character remains on the screen. By checking the same field under the Organize Your Setup - General Information page, I can see that the character has been deleted, so this is strictly a display issue.

I realize there's an easy workaround (use the General Information page instead), but it certainly doesn't create a good impression to see something like this when you're just starting to use an evaluation version. Is this problem known, or is it peculiar to my setup (a ThinkPad running XP Pro).

Many thanks,
Gary Feldman

Mike Marino
07-15-2004, 08:58 PM
I have seen this overtyping effect before so I know what you are seeing. However with the released version of the Product I have not been able to reproduce this.

Did you have one of our Betas on this computer? If so look at the version of IsWsAssistantFramework.ocx in the Express System folder (C:\Program Files\InstallShield X Express\System). The version of this DLL should be 10.0.0.135.

If not, it could be display driver or font related. Do you have another computer you can try the Eval on?

gfeldmanmemento
07-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Yes, I do have that version of the .ocx. I'll see if I can get it to work on a different machine.

Thanks,

Gary