PDA

View Full Version : BDE Redistributables in X Express.

tjenki05
07-12-2004, 10:38 AM
I'm a noobie to Installshield, so please bear with me.
I would like to know if the BDE 5.1.1 Merge Module should show up in the Redistributables list as a Merge Module or as an Object? Does it matter?

I do know that if I copy the BDE_PRO.msm into the Installshield\Objects folder it shows as an object, but is the the correct way of doing this?

Thanks in Advance

Terry Jenkins

Mike Marino
07-20-2004, 09:17 PM
It should show up as an Object.

Copying BDE_PRO.msm to the Object folder should work OK. If you can launch the Wizard from the Redistributables view, and the Object Builds, you should be OK.

tjenki05
07-21-2004, 09:23 AM
Thanks Mike;

It seems to work as an object, it's just a little confusing when it's called a merge_module.

Mike Marino
07-21-2004, 10:53 AM
Express Objects are Merge Modules. The only difference is that Objects include a wizard to help configure the behaviors of the associated Merge Module. In the end, Express Objects are basically Merge Modules with custom configuartions (and sometimes custom build steps.)

Hope this helps

tjenki05
08-20-2004, 10:41 AM
Thanks much, at least I wasn't totally off base.

cfwood
08-29-2004, 11:16 AM
I am new to IS X too and wonder if you have found a way to get the <INSTALLDIR> into a BDE Alias path? This merge module configuration of IDAPI32.cfg seems to not allow it and IS doesn't add value in that regard.

Charles