PDA

View Full Version : unspecific error messages in log file

Katrin
07-12-2004, 08:03 AM
Hello,

finally I have a working installation for windows and linux! Everything seems alright, but for linux there are a lot of error messages in the file log.txt.

An example is:
(12.07.2004 14:16:03), Install, com.installshield.product.actions.Files, err, WizardException: (error code = 400; message="Error executing the shell script function setFileAttributesReported Error: setFileAttributes script function failed. File argument is either empty or the file does not exist.")
STACK_TRACE: 24
WizardException: (error code = 400; message="Error executing the shell script function setFileAttributesReported Error: setFileAttributes script function failed. File argument is either empty or the file does not exist.")
at com.ibm.wizard.platform.linux.utils.NativeObjectImpl.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.wizard.platform.linux.utils.NativeObjectImpl.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.wizard.platform.linux.LinuxFileServiceImpl.setFileAttributes(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor44.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.LocalImplementorProxy.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AbstractService.invokeImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.file.GenericFileService.setFileAttributes(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.actions.Files.setAttributes(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.actions.Files.setAttributes(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.actions.Files.install(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.wizard.platform.linux.LinuxProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Now I don't know, what exactly went wrong. For windows there are not error messages at all. Is there a possibiliy to get more specific information?

Can I ignore these messages without risk?

brianl
07-16-2004, 12:02 PM
The error message indicates that the installer is trying to set file attributes (permissions & ownership) on files that it cannot find. Can you verify that all of your files are getting installed correctly? Can you think of anything out of the ordinary that might be happening on the file system as the files are getting installed?

Katrin
07-19-2004, 09:31 AM
I cannot see any problems with the installation. Everything seems to be in place and running.

Could there be an interference with the windows part of the installation?

Is there a possibility to get more information of the files, which cannot be found?

brianl
07-19-2004, 12:11 PM
Try running the setup with debugging options, as specified here (http://www.installshield.com/news/newsletter/0402-articles/bug.asp). It may provide more information about the specific files in question.

Katrin
07-23-2004, 02:04 AM
I activated the debugging output and got a lot of additional messages. But I didn't have a clue, where the problem is. - See the attached file.