PDA

View Full Version : _isuser.dll not in support folder

samsquared
07-09-2004, 02:55 PM
I'm testing the evaluation version of InstallShield X and am having a problem with _isuser.dll (this is a converted IS 6.X project). At first the EzDefineDialog was failing, so I opened the ISX version of _isuser.dll in Visual Studio and added my dialogs there, thinking that I needed the newer version.

Then, the WaitOnDialog failed with a -1. After some research I discovered that _isuser.dll does not exist in the support folder when I start the install.

If I copy _isuser.dll to the support folder manually after the install starts, it works fine. I'm copying the dll from where it's built to the Setup Files\Compressed Files\Language Independent\OS Independent folder of the project and doing a build. Other files in that folder do show up in the support folder.

Why isn't _isuser.dll being put there?

Arpe
07-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Does the modified dialog appear in the dialog editor? The dialog editor can be found under the User Interface tab of the Installation Designer. The dialog must be modified in this view in order for the media build to create the resource dll. Please take a look at this and let me know. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Arpe
InstallShield Technical Support, A Macrovision Company

samsquared
07-13-2004, 08:44 AM
Thanks for your help - that did it.

Do you know how I look at and/or change the ISResourceID? The help files talk about using the direct editor but that seems to apply only to msi or msm files (mine is an installscript install). It was in the dialog name when I imported it but I don't know how to access it now.

Arpe
07-13-2004, 11:15 AM
InstallScript projects also use the Direct Editor, but don't use as many tables as the MSI projects. The ISResourceId can be found in the Direct Editor view in the Dialog table. Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this issue. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Arpe
InstallShield Technical Support, A Macrovision Company

samsquared
07-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Once again, thanks. I just saw that Direct Editor was under "Additional Tools".