PDA

View Full Version : InstallShield Professional - One click installation

Domino
11-07-2001, 11:24 PM
There doesn't seem to be any threads for this...so I'll start one.

My company bought Install Shield version 6.1.
My colleague asked for help with respect to the fact that on some platforms, the Applet would not init. A project was created and a media for the internet was created too and then the internet files were uploaded to the server.

On accessing the default.htm, the Applet has an error initialising and this is stated in the status bar as "Applet iSetupApplet can't init: NEW" and no text is displayed above the "Install Now" image.

The version has already been upgraded to InstallShield Professional 6.3 but still the problem persists. I upgraded it again to 6.31 and still it persists.

In addition, on another PC, the following problem arose.

When the Applet is running, instead of reading, "Download size, xxx KB", it read "Unable to open the setup Error code -2147012894". This happens on both platforms for IE and Netscape.

I have no clue how to resolve this problem and I asked for help via the support channel and to-date, have not received any feedback at all.

What can I do?

KellyF
11-08-2001, 08:41 AM
You'll want to post this to the proper newsgroup at
nntp://news.installshield.com until we create forums for professional, developer, etc. Right now, we've only set up Express forums.

Kelly

datsun280zx
09-13-2002, 10:36 AM
I am experiencing the same errors:
Unable to initialize the setup. Error code -2147186687

I have experienced this with Netscape 6.x and 7 and Mozilla 1.0.1. This occurs when you go to one OCI page, which loads just fine, but any subsequent OCI pages return this error and will not install. This is a major issue, and I have yet to hear any solutions from IS support!

~E