PDA

View Full Version : CrystalReport 9 Merge Module

GiageJohn
07-06-2004, 04:58 PM
I am running into an apparently common issue. I have registered my Visual Studio .NET version of Crystal Reports. And have successfully deployed a Windows app using a Windows MSI project from VS 2003. However, I ham now deploying an ASP.NET app using InstallShield Express X and the CrystalReports merge module included with X and I am receiving the Invalid Keycode error.

I am installing onto a Windows XP Pro machine to the default wwwroot dir. The merge module is included in my Express X project and configured with the same permanent Crystal key that worked from the straight Windows Install Project.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

JP

Mike Marino
07-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Have you included both regwiz.msm and license.msm? You might look at:

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q106852

And see if this helps.

GiageJohn
07-06-2004, 08:22 PM
Mike

Thanks for the reply. I have reviewed this information and the license is in place. I am now working with the Crystal Reports support team. They have had me replace the Crystal merge modules from X and go back to the merge modules for the VS .NET 2003 from the link given below and use it for your application:
"http://support.businessobjects.com/communityCS/FilesAndUpdates/cr_net_2003_mergemodules_en.zip.asp"

I have changed the installation to use these and am now running into a COM error. I have sent CR the information.

I will post any information we find.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know

Thanks

JP

mike4421
08-18-2004, 11:46 AM
please post your findings I am running into issues with crystal reports too

GiageJohn
09-02-2004, 08:19 AM
Mike

I was able to get the system working by creating a simple Web App installation with InstallShield and installing it on the server. After that, the reports would display.

However, I am still having an issue printing the reports.

Please let me know if this helps

Thanks

John