PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling Uninstallation

anil_jog
07-06-2004, 08:39 AM
Hello All,

I am working on Basic MSI project. I have problem with my uninstalltion. The problem is when I click the "cancel" while uninstalling, it will cancel the uninstalltion, But it will delete some
some of the files like Virtual directory and COM registration(I have a custom action which will delete the Virtual directory and custom actions, on condition "REMOVE") but it won't delete the other files. The problem is after cancelling uninstalltion, I can't access my application, because the virtual directory is deleted by the custom action. Is there any way to handle, the "cancel" while uninstalling. Or is it possible to disable this "cancel" button.

I tried Enable(STATUSOLD), to disable the cancel button, but since mine is BASIC MSI project, this is not working.

But while, installing when we click on "Cancel" button I am calling "CancelSetup" dialogue. Is there anything similar to this that I can call when I press "Cancel" while Uninstalling?

Thanks,

Anil

RobertDickau
07-06-2004, 08:51 AM
Please see this thread for one approach to disabling the Cancel button on the SetupProgress dialog box: http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130668.