PDA

View Full Version : Text resource for Language selection dialog?

Gunsun
07-02-2004, 01:53 AM
Is there a way to change the text in the Language Selection Dialog?

I'm using DemoShield for a CD browser that allows the user to install our products. The users do not correctly understand the word "Demonstration" in the sentence "Choose Demonstration Language", so I like to remove it.

In a CD browser context the word demonstration could be interpreted as something that is just a demo (as opposed to a real product).

JoannaG
07-08-2004, 10:47 AM
Hello,

Currently, our product does not support this functionality. A feature request has been submitted to our Development team for consideration in a future release. You can track the status of this request using work order #1-ADJMB. At this time, I do not know when this feature might be incorporated into the product.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

mstone
12-29-2005, 01:00 PM
Is there a way to change the text in the Language Selection Dialog?

I'm using DemoShield for a CD browser that allows the user to install our products. The users do not correctly understand the word "Demonstration" in the sentence "Choose Demonstration Language", so I like to remove it.

In a CD browser context the word demonstration could be interpreted as something that is just a demo (as opposed to a real product).

Not surprisingly, you can find the string mentioning the "demonstration" among the resources of demo32.exe, which means you can change the it directly in demo32.exe. It's an unofficial hack, of course, but there seems to be no other way.

ThomasDeboben
03-31-2006, 08:14 AM
Hi I also would like to change this text.

What is the status of the request #1-ADJMB?
Where can I follow the status of this request.