PDA

View Full Version : Unable to uninstall folder

saharey
06-29-2004, 06:49 AM
Hi All,
I am very new to InstallShield X, the problem with my uninstall process is that while uninstalling the product it doesnt delete vonf folder, actully what happens is that when the Application is launched by double clicking on its icon on desktop, our application generates 3 files in this vonf folder so while uninstalling installshield doesnt remove this vonf folder, but i want this vonf folder to be removed forcefully.
How can it be done? can anybody help me out from this situation i will be thakful to him/her.

wishes
saharey

chirags
07-19-2004, 03:33 PM
You can try using the following wizard action after the Uninstall action which removes the entire install location.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Chirag

November
10-30-2004, 01:23 AM
Thanks Chirag
but i wants some details about the wizard.
can you please tell me how can i use it within the script? what i have to do to use it?. as i have not much information about Installshield yet but i have the same problem and its not deleting the folder.

Thanks in advance
regards
November

jweber
11-01-2004, 10:12 AM
If the 3 files generated by your product are consistent ( you know the name before hand, etc), it might be best just to install 0 length files of the same name. That way the uninstaller will recognize them and be able to remove them ( you will probably need to change the remove option to always ).

November
11-01-2004, 10:44 PM
i have added the auto generated files in installation files as well as in the group folder (these files updates and replaced with new everytime application executed), and now its able to remove the temporary files on uninstall. but it does not remove any external file if placed in the folder or sub-folder of installation path.
is there any way to do it?. how can it be removed if you have put such a file in the program folder that program recognize and use when executed.
thanks

jweber
11-02-2004, 08:55 AM
This is the intended functionality of most installers. They should not remove things in the install directory if they didnt put them there. To get around this, you will need to use a delete dir or delete file product action. Add one of these to your component and change runtime to uninstall time.