PDA

View Full Version : 1902, rename file during upgrade

jfriis
06-28-2004, 05:37 PM
I have a question about how upgrades are done. When a file is in use, I get the following three lines in my log (running with /L*)

InstallFiles: File: put.jar, Directory: D:\Program Files\NCR\NCRput\web\classes\, Size: 57033
Info 1603.The file D:\Program Files\NCR\NCRput\web\classes\put.jar is being held in use. Close that application and retry
Info 1903.Scheduling reboot operation: Deleting file D:\Program Files\NCR\NCRput\web\classes\put.jar. Must reboot to complete operation
Info 1902.Scheduling reboot operation: Renaming file D:\Program Files\NCR\NCRput\web\classes\TBMC28.tmp to D:\Program Files\NCR\NCRput\web\classes\put.jar. Must reboot to complete operation

In previous versions, like 5.5, when a rename had to be done at reboot time, there was information stored in the registry under PendingFileRenameOperations subkey. However, in 7 and 9 (basie MSI project), this doesn't happen. Where in the registry is this rename information stored (how does it know to do the rename from TBMC28 to put.jar?)? Or is it stored somewhere other than the registry? Once the reboot happens, where does the installer pick up the information that this rename needs to be done?

Thanks
Jessica

luke_s
06-29-2004, 06:41 PM
I was still under the impression that the files were stored under this key. The files during my install that need to be cleaned up after a reboot were stored here.

My only other idea is that MSI sets a runonce registry key that runs a script to clean these files up after the reboot.