PDA

View Full Version : LaunchAppnWait command line params fail

loontune
06-28-2004, 09:12 AM
Can anyone help figure out why in this version, Devstudio 9, (prev I used 5.5), when I use launchappnwait, when I fire off WinSP4.exe., the command line args are not being recognized by the app I'm launching?

I tried a test and launched a simple bat file with the command. The bat file simply piped any args it received out to a txt file and sure enough the args were there?! So the args would seem to be getting to the app, why not recognizing them though?

The problem so far seems to be permissions with the installer maybe? A semi-related post indicated certain objects run with diff permissions.

I dont get this problem when the code is inserted in the onbegin function. Must find the right place I guess.
If anyone knows best place to run LaunchAppAndWait please advise.

loontune
07-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Problem resolved. Thanks anyway. Problem was of my own doing. I did not set the full path to the app. Was missing the drive letter. In bringing the code into the Dev9 poject from a 5.5 project, I omitted a call to a function that assigns the correct drive letters based on what the machines CD letter might be. I was sending this,
("Windows 2000 Service Pack 4\\W2KSP4_EN.exe", " -u -n -z", LAAW_OPTION_WAIT);

instead of ("E:\\Windows 2000 Service Pack 4\\W2KSP4_EN.exe", " -u -n -z", LAAW_OPTION_WAIT);

Wonder why it was even launching at all? Or any other apps for that matter.