PDA

View Full Version : New Language Wizard problems

mrestifo
06-25-2004, 08:49 PM
I've seen this posted already but I wanted to know if anyone has new information or a fix the New Language Wizard Next button not functioning.

Both language have been installed.

Thanks

Mike

gplana
09-17-2004, 03:27 AM
I tried to add support for arabic language in W98 spanish version and I had the same problem. I solved it installing Win-XP and adding support for arabic language (you have to go at control panel and "Region Setup" or something like this (in spanish, "opciones regionales").

My problem now is that the name of the new language doesn't appear in the Language Dialog (it seems to be a New Language Wizard bug).

I hope this helps you.

Gabriel.

gplana
01-11-2005, 02:48 AM
Hey! If it still doesn't work, check if you have the last DevStudio 9 version (9.01, service pack 1).

Also, check Language directory.

IQpierce
04-20-2005, 05:00 PM
I am encountering this problem with the Russian language. However, my InstallShield version is 9.0 (apparently 9.00.333 from what I can tell in the registry) with Service Pack 1.

The auto-updater doesn't mention 9.01 at all, it just tells me about several updates to peripheral products (which refuse to go away even though I've already installed them all).

I assume that I need to update to 9.01, but I have no idea how to do this because 90% of InstallShield's website seems to have forgotten that DevStudio 9 exists, and spends all its time spouting about the latest version instead.

I'm not upgrading to the latest version. But I would appreciate it if someone could clarify how to solve this problem with the Russian language strings not showing up correctly. And if updating to 9.1 is the fix, I need someone to show me where I can do that.

dbriggs
04-21-2005, 12:43 PM
If you have installed SP-1, then you are using 9.01 or 9.1. There are a few files with versions higher than 9.0.333, for example the OCI Hotfix that was announced recently is .444.

David

P.S. I've never been able to get the new language names to appear correctly in the select language dialog, and I've tried it with ISX (but still use DS9 $;-).

gplana
04-21-2005, 03:51 PM
I had that problem: New languages didn't appear well in select language dialog (it appeared a null text or it appeared something without sense).

I fixed this problem by migrating my project from InstallScript to MSI InstallScript. Unfortunatelly, there isn't any wizard for doing that (it exist for transforming an MSI InstallScript to InstallScript, but not viceversa).

Hope this helps.

Just a question: Anyone knows if it's possible to upgrade to SP1 without using the Upgrade option? I mean, it's possible to download the patch from one machine and install it to another one?

Thank's in advance.

Gabriel.

dbriggs
04-22-2005, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't want to do that. Maybe there's a way to convert to InstallScript MSI, add the languages, and then convert back?! $-)

David

dbriggs
04-22-2005, 07:27 AM
Regarding your question about installing SP-1 without using the Update Service. Yes it is. I have downloaded all of the patches and extra kits, so of which are rather big. I save the files and write a CD. This allows me to take the kits and install them at home, where I have a second (licensed!) DS9 installation but only a slow dialup Internet connection.

The only annoying thing is the Update Service doesn't know I've downloaded them already, but maybe haven't installed them all, and keeps on prompting me to do it again.

Hope that helps,

David

P.S. You should get the recent OCI Hotfix. That's about 58 MB, if I remember correctly.