PDA

View Full Version : Uninstalling OCXs

GClouston
10-31-2001, 02:43 PM
I have a custom install group which installs all the applications OCXs to the <WINSysDIR>. I have set that the files being installed can be uninstalled, but when the uninstall is run the files remain. At first I thought that this was a Windows 2000 "DLL hell" issue and Win 2K was restoring the removed files, but it also happens on a NT 4.0 machine. Can someone give me a hand here?

Chandima
11-01-2001, 09:35 AM
What version of Express are you using? Do you think these ocx files are being "locked" by the system during uninstall? What happens if you tun the uninstall and try to manually delete the files?

GClouston
11-01-2001, 10:44 AM
I don't believe the OCXs are being locked. I can delete them after the uninstall without any problem. The OCXs in question shouldn't be used by any other applications either. Oh, and I'm using Install Shield Professional 6.31.

Chandima
11-02-2001, 09:39 AM
I hate to say this but you have the wrong Newsgroup :)

This one is for InstallShield Express and mainly deals with the Windows Installer technology. So I doubt you will get any valuable replies.

Please try posting this on the following newsgroups (these are traditional Outlook Express type ones and not web based)

installshield.is6.general
installshield.is6.script

Hope you find your answers there!