PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to change links to application files with an external editor?

konrad_03
06-25-2004, 07:02 AM
hi all,

I am upgrading from Professional 6.30
In this version when modifiying an existing project there was the possibility to directly edit the .FGL files to reassign paths to files. In fact I have used an editor to do this in several files at the same time and this was working great. This would save time and prevent errors.

Is there any possibility to do something similar in Version X?
I see the paths are listed in the .IPR file and I have edited this one but afterwards the project would not accept the modifications and still use the old paths.

How can I make my project accept the (changed) paths in the . IPR file?
Is there any other way to get what I want (without changing the paths manually)?

Any input is appreciated

thanks
Konrad

slipitinterry
07-12-2004, 06:06 PM
You need to make the change to the InstallShield X project file, which has an ISM extension, rather than the old 6.3 project file, which is no longer used by IS X.

--Terry

konrad_03
07-13-2004, 03:46 AM
Hi Terry,

thank you for the input. This will save me quite some time and effort modifying my old projects. I have made a short test and looks like this is working fine.

I have found out in IS X they introduced the "path variables" what will make future changes of paths very much easier anyway

cheers
Konrad