PDA

View Full Version : Uninstall shortcut

jaire77
06-24-2004, 04:08 AM
I am creating my first InstallScript msi project.

I want to add an uninstall shortcut in the programs folder. I have found in the help how to do it. It says: "Create a shortcut with the following properties to launch IDriver.exe"

and "These files are installed automatically; there is no need to manually install these files"

But when I Browse for Shortcut target in the [CommonFilesFolder] I don't have any file.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help

Mark at IS
06-24-2004, 10:47 AM
To create the shortcut, do the following: In the Shortcuts subview, right-click the desired destination folder and select "New Shortcut to Preexisting file" from the context menu. In the "Browse for Shortcut Target" dialog box, select [CommonFilesFolder] and click OK. In the shortcut's property sheet's Target field, type the following text after [CommonFilesFolder]:

InstallShield\Driver\10\Intel 32\IDriver.exeThen complete the instructions in the help.

I have created InstallShield work order 1-QLHMT to add this information to the help.

jaire77
06-24-2004, 11:21 AM
Thanks. It works.

As you can see I have just installed the product.

Another question: How do you choose the screens that will appear in the setup? I don't want to show the type of installation: typic, minim, custom and instead of that I want to show just the folder where the application will be installed and allow the user to modify it. I have seen that this is one of the dialogs, but how to put it in the correct place?

Thanks for your help.

Mark at IS
06-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Edit the installation script's OnFirstUIBefore event handler function code to not call the SetupType2 function as it does by default.