PDA

View Full Version : Splash Screen not showing

pierceray
06-22-2004, 11:45 AM
I'm trying to display a splash screen in my installer. In previous versions of the InstallShield, I have just been able to drop the file in the Support Files/Bill Board area under splash screen. I can't seem to make it show up in my installer at all when it is launched.

Are the any requirements for the BMP itself? Such as index color vs RGB, etc.? Could there be something else that I'm not doing to keep it from appearing?

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

pierceray
06-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Tell me that someone out there is using a splash screen.

This works fine in InstallScript MSI and Basic MSI projects. It seems to only affect InstallSript projects. What is going on, and is there a way to get around it?

dbriggs
06-28-2004, 08:40 AM
You can display a splash screen in InstallScript projects. I always do it. The file can be SETUP.BMP or SETUP.GIF, and you add it to the appropriate Splash Screen [language] folder and rebuild the kit. The SETUP.BMP/GIF file should appear in your Disk1 directory.

Note that it is not a billboard. That's a different set of folders.

There is also a way to force it to be displayed for a time, but I don't use this. I think you have to edit SETUP.INI for that. I have SplashTime=5 in my default file, and that works fine for me.

Hope that helps,

David