PDA

View Full Version : add/remove programs icon

phess420
06-22-2004, 10:05 AM
Hello, I am using Developer 7 and I am converting some older .msi installers created in professional into standard .exes.
There are 2 things that need changed on the old .msi installers

1. The icon that is displayed in add/remove programs
currently its just a folder as the icon and for my new installers I have created I am using our company logo. However with the conversion from .msi to .exe I cannot get our logo in there. I have the same path to the icon as my other installers, yet it continues to show just a folder.

2. The .msi installers are going to c:\program files and we want them to go to c:\folder. I have been able to make this conversion on a few of the msi installers by opening them up in direct edit mode and going to CUSTOM ACTION and changing the path. However there is one .msi that I cannot figure out where to change the path. I think its in the DIRECTORY but I cannot get it to work.

I have attached screenshots of each issue.

I appreciate any help on this.
Thank you.

Phil

luke_s
06-23-2004, 01:12 AM
What do you mean - converting to standard exes??

With your path, try looking at the directory table. This controls most of the paths (unless they are modified by a custom action).

phess420
06-23-2004, 08:25 AM
I figured out the problem was the .msi had the "install for everyone" and "install only for me" option and it turned out to be a bug w/ the only for me option. So I defaulted it to everyone and now the icon shows up. Now I have one .msi left and I cannot figure out how to change the default install directory, I have changed it everywhere I know to, but its not helping.

luke_s
06-23-2004, 05:42 PM
To change the default install directory, you will need to find out what the feature install folder is, and then trace this back into the directory table.

It is also possible that this is done inside a custom action which, and in that case, you cannot really change this unless you have the code for the custom action.