PDA

View Full Version : Handling files in custom bean

psaraf
06-22-2004, 07:03 AM
Hi,
I have developed a custom bean to do a specific task which we required. Now I want to add more extendibility to it in a way by adding Files support to it. This is very similar to what is provided by the Files Product Action which includes the files and/or directories of files that have been added to this bean to the installer archive. This way I could allow my custom bean users to add files/directories as well. The problem is I havent found a way to do it?? The File Services API doesnt have any method to add a file to the installer archive (atleast I didnt find any). Has somebody done this?? and How to achieve it??

RobertDickau
06-22-2004, 10:58 AM
In the Advanced API help, perhaps look at the ProductBuilderSupport class, putResource and putNormalResource methods; you can call these in your bean's build method to include files in setup.jar at build time; that help also lists the methods for working with these resources at run time.

kflowers
06-23-2004, 10:16 AM
Also you can find more detail information at the following Knowledge base article located at http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=q105188