PDA

View Full Version : Error 1919

dzumwalt
10-29-2001, 05:13 PM
I just purchased IS Express 3.51

I am successfully creating the CD_ROM installation files. When I install them onto a test box using Windows ME, I get the following:

Error 1919. Error configuring ODBC data source FoobarDSN, ODBC Error 6: Component not found in the registry. Verify that the file FoobarDSN exists and that you can access it.

I have seen a thread here that talks about error 1919 ODBC error 8 but that had to do with SQLServer. This is an access database installation.

Does anybody know why this is happening, and more importantly how to fix it?

Thanks!

Jim Kang
10-29-2001, 07:30 PM
"Error 6" is coming from ODBC itself. If you could find out what that meant, this would be a lot easier, but I don't know offhand where this set of ODBC error codes is listed.

Possibly, it's complaining that one of the attributes is invalid. You can try dropping out attributes (in the DSN property sheet in Express, right-click and delete) one by one and rebuild until ODBC accepts the DSN.

Chandima
10-30-2001, 11:20 AM
I was looking in to this issue a while back and it looked like there was an internal conflict with the Windows Installer. If you log the install internally it fails because access is denied to a perticular registry key. I made some posts on the Windows Installer newsgroups as well and they seem to have the same problem as well (creating setups with non-installshield products). One person did reply saying that selecting "ignore" still installs the DSN and Driver but I don't know how accurate that is.