PDA

View Full Version : ProgressBar example is missing

BJBear
06-18-2004, 04:25 AM
Hi all,

I cannot find the ProgressBar custimzing example in Universal Installer Help Library. I am using the Installer X for windows BTW.

Who can post the following four files onto this site?
StandardProgressRenderer.java
StandardProgressRendererSwingImpl.java
StandardProgressRendererAWTImpl.java
StandardProgressRendererConsoleImpl.java

Thanks in advance and wish you a happy weekend.

Mike_W
06-18-2004, 02:06 PM
The help article you read is obsolete! I reported the problem.

The best way to create a custom progress renderer with InstallShield X is with the Custom Dialog Editor. You can view the default one called Progress in the Cancel Frame. You can modify that one or create a new one.

If you choose to create a new one, be sure to change the "User Interface" property of the Install Action in your sequence to reference your new Dialog.

Mike

BJBear
06-20-2004, 08:53 PM
Hi Mike,

There is no code reference in Cancel-Progress dialog.

I need to perform some db operations during the installation thus need to control the value of progress bar.
I try the following code but it does nothing.

ISProgressBar p = (ISProgressBar) arg0.getISPanel().getControl("Progress");
p.setProgress (XX);

There must be some way of controling the progress bar but how?

MarloV
06-21-2004, 11:05 AM
Those JAVA files were inadvertently omitted from the Samples directory (will be included in SP1).

A zip file of those files are attached. Unizp them to your <Universal Home Directory>/Samples directory.

Sorry for the confusion!

BJBear
06-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Dear Marlo,

I tested these programs according to the Universal Help Document.

The compilation of four java files is OK. The add-in manager works fine. I can also add a wait action in post installation. But when it comes to the properties of the wait event, I cannot set the User Interface to the StandardProgressRenderer because it doesn't show up in the selection list. What shall I do next?

MarloV
06-22-2004, 07:33 AM
After adding the Wait action to the Sequences view, click the ellipsis in the "User Interface" property. Click "Select" from the dialog box, and a list of available dialogs opens. For the StandardProgressRenderer, select "Progress", then click OK.

Hope that helps!