PDA

View Full Version : Combine MSI and Install Script Projects

doohickey11
06-16-2004, 05:47 PM
Hi all !!

Is it possible to have a common framework that combines Install Script and Install Script Objects with MSI based projects ?

I registered couple of Install Script Objects and when i viewed the set of registered objects in a MSI project, the Install Script Objects created by me were not listed.

I would highly appreciate if someone could help me whether it is possible to make projects combining MSI, Install Script and Install Script Objects.

Thank You !!

slipitinterry
06-23-2004, 02:28 PM
Did you copy your InstallScript Objects to the gallery directory? I think they'll only become available if InstallShield knows where to find them. Check the paths in Tools->Options dialog, Merge Modules path.

You can use the InstallScript MSI project to combine the Windows Installer installation with InstallShield's InstallScript. If you have a Basic MSI Project, you can convert it to an InstallScript MSI project, using the Project->Convert to... menu item.

--Terry

doohickey11
06-23-2004, 02:55 PM
Hi Terry
Thanks for the reply.
I tried doing that but it doesnt work.
This is what i did :

I created InstallScript Object registered it , inserted that object in another InstallScript Project works fine.

I copied that object (.ism ) file into the objects directory, changed the path setting to validate my path, it still doent work.

Does it work for u ??

Secondly if u take a look at all the objects they have in the InstallShield Object View under InstallScript MSI infact are all merge modules with .msm extension...

I hope i made the picture clear

thank you
regards
harry